- 100g butter (soft)
- 100g brown sugar
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 banana (ripe)
- 50 ml Jakobsens Organic dark Agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 200g white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dates (soft)
- 300 ml water
- 150g carrots (or courgette)
1. Beat the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar together.
2. Cut open the vanilla pod, remove the seeds and keep the empty pod.
3. Blend the banana using a stick blender and whip in Jakobsens Organic dark Agave syrup and vanilla seeds. Fold this into the butter and sugar mixture until you have a smooth batter. Whisk the eggs into the batter one by one.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda together and combine with the batter using a spatula.
5. Put the water, pitted dates and empty vanilla pod into a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Take the pan off the heat, remove the vanilla pod and blend the dates using a stick blender.
6. Peel and finely grate the carrots, then stir into the batter with the dates.
7. Pour the batter into a greased Bundt tin (approx. 1½ l – or a 25 cm springform tin).
8. Bake at 180°C in the middle of the oven for about 45 mins. Use a skewer to check the cake is baked through. If the skewer comes out with raw batter on, bake for a little longer.
Let the cake cool in the tin, then turn it onto a wire rack.