- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 dl. Jakobsens Organic dark Agave syrup
- 150 g butter
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. clove
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 550-600 g wheat flour
1. Melt butter along with brown sugar and Jakobsens Organic dark Agave syrup at low temperature in a big pot. Take the pot off the heat, blend the spices and baking soda and add it to the mixture. Once the mass is lukewarm, add the egg. Cool out completely!
2. Add the flour but save some, in order to prevent the dough from getting too hard. Knead well on the table and add the rest of the flour if required.
3. Divide the dough into two balls and put them in large plastic bags (approx. 50x28cm) and then roll the dough flat with a rolling pin.
Put the dough into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
4. Roll the dough while it is still in the bag, approx. ½cm thick. Cut the bag open on the sides and peg out figures, while the dough is still placed on the cut open bag, in order to ensure that the dough is easy to handle; roll the remaining dough in the same manner.
Remember to make holes for hanging on top of the figures (with a wooden pick or knitting needle)
5. Bake the cookies at 200 degrees (ordinary oven) for about 8 min. Keep a good eye on the oven! The baking time depends on the thickness of the cookies. Bake until the cookies are light brown.
Leave the cookies to cool on the baking paper on a grate. Decorate the figures with icing when they are completely cooled.