- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 dl. Jakobsens Organic dark agave syrup
- 150 g margarine
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. clove
- 2 tsk. baking soda
- 1 egg
- 550-600 g wheat flour
1. Melt margarine, sugar and Jakobsens agave syrup at low temperature in a big pot. Remove the pot from heat. Mix the spices and baking soda and add the mixture. When the mass is lukewarm, add the egg. Then cool down completely!
2. Add the flour, but careful to ensure that the dough doesn’t get too hard. Knead the dough well on the table and add more flour if required.
3. Divide the dough into two balls and put them in large plastic bags (approx. 50x28cm) and then roll the dough flat with a rolling pin.
4. Put the dough into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
5. Roll the dough while it is still in the bag, approx. ½ cm thick. Cut the bag open on the sides and peg out figures, while the dough is still placed on the cut open bag, in order to ensure that the dough is easy to handle; roll the remaining dough in the same manner. You may sprinkle almonds.
6. Bake the cookies at 200 degrees (ordinary oven) for about 8 min. Keep a good eye on the oven! The baking time depends on the thickness of the cookies. Bake until the cookies are light brown.
Leave the cookies to cool on the baking paper on a grate. Decorate the figures with icing when they are completely cooled.